Greenford Tennis Club

CLUB PAGE

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Home Page

image001Juniors

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Welfare & Data Protection

image001Novices

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Seniors

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Coaching

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001League Info

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Team Tennis Middlesex

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Calendar

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001The Club

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Roll of Honour

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Social

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Membership

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Contact Us

Description: Description: Description: Description: image001Location

 

Description: Description: Description: Description: image002

 

Web enquiries, please email the following:

webmaster@greenfordtennisclub.org.uk


Page updated 16th September 2018

Greenford Tennis Club website may contain Links to external websites. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of the information contained within these sites.

Greenford Tennis Club 2019

 

POTTED HISTORY OF GREENFORD TENNIS CLUB

 

1928 CLUB WAS FOUNDED ON LAND HELD IN TRUST AS PART OF THE RAVENOR PARK ESTATE.

THE ORIGINAL CLUBHOUSE WAS A DISCARDED KIOSK FROM THE 1925/26 WEMBLEY EXHIBITION.

3 GRASS COURTS, BUT NO OTHER AMENITIES FOR MEMBERS, (I.E. NO TOILETS!)

1950 CHANGE TO TARMACADAM "ALL WEATHER" COURTS.

1953 WOODEN PAVILION BOUGHT, (PAID 153 BY 2 INSTALMENTS !)

NO CHANGING FACILITIES - MEMBERS DRESSED FOR TENNIS BEHIND CURTAINS.

1963 MAINS WATER AND DRAINAGE LAID ON SITE.

1964 CHANGING ROOMS AND KITCHEN BUILT IN BRICK - COST 675.

1967 FIRST BAR LICENCE OBTAINED 3OTH JUNE.

1968 PREFAB PURCHASED FOR 150 AND ERECTED AS A SEPARATE GAMES ROOM.

1969 MAINS ELECTRICITY AND TELEPHONE INSTALLED, BOTTLED GAS LAMPS USED PRIOR TO THIS DATE !

1974 WOODEN PAVILION AND PREFAB GAMES ROOM JOINED TOGETHER TO FORM ONE CLUBHOUSE UNIT - COST 850, PART FUNDED WITH A GRANT OF 500 FROM LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING (L.B.E).

1981 TWO SHOWER ROOMS ADDED TO CHANGING ROOMS - COST 2,200. (GRANT OF 1,250 FROM L.B.E).

1986 COURTS PAINTED RED/GREEN FOR THE FIRST TIME - COST 2,391.

1988 DIAMOND JUBILEE, CELEBRATION PARTY, ATTENDED BY 75 PAST AND PRESENT MEMBERS.

1991 E.G.M. CONVENED IN AUGUST TO DISCUSS FUTURE OF CLUBHOUSE NOW IN A DILAPIDATED CONDITION AND BEYOND ECONOMIC REPAIR. PROFESSIONAL SURVEY OF CLUBHOUSE STRUCTURE INDICATED THAT DUE TO SUBSIDENCE PROBLEMS A COMPLETE REBUILD WAS THE ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE.

1993 MARCH, BUILDING REGULATIONS APPROVAL GRANTED.

1995 SEPTEMBER, AWARDED 51,141 FROM LOTTERY SPORTS FUND (46% OF REBUILDING COST). BALANCE TO BE MET FROM CLUB FUNDS AND MEMBERS' LOANS.

1996 APRIL, NEW BUILDING HANDED OVER TO CLUB.

2007 OCTOBER, NEW FLOODLIGHTS, PART FUNDED BY THE MIDDLESEX LTA BOUGHT INTO OPERATION.

2009 NEW HIGH SECURITY FENCING ERECTED TO THE EAST & WEST SIDES OF THE GRASSED AREA.

2014 ADDITIONAL HIGH SECURITY FENCING ERECTED TO THE EAST & WEST SIDES OF THE COURTS.

2017 COURTS PAINTED BLUE AND GREEN.

 

 

 

 

At the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING held on Sunday 16th September 2018

 

the following people were elected to serve on The Committee for 2018/19

 

Chairman

Secretary

Treasurer

Paul Riton-Hayward

Fred Rutland

Marian Melhuish

 

 

 

Club Captain

Ladies Captain

 

Stan Hill

Jane Gregory

 

 

 

 

 

Committee Members

 

 

Francis Amara

Paul Lane

Paul Melhuish

 

Alastair Williams

 

 

 

Welfare Officer

 

Christine Hill